Monday 25 February 2008

Feeling quiffy

Now that I sport impeccably threaded eyebrows it seems rude to hide them underneath a fat blonde slice of fringe. Bang, and the brows are gone (geddit?). It seems to suggest a lack of gratitude toward my glowingly pregnant and masterful eyebrow creator.

But how to coiff instead? At last week's BRIT awards quiffs were everywhere but as we know just because Gemma Atkinson does it, doesn't mean that we should. In fact - judging by that 'Hollyoaks - the St Tropez years' look she's working - it means quite the opposite. But where quiffs have in the past made me feel a teensy bit like a wannabe Girls Aloud-er, not to mention revealing my forehead like an almost holographic beacon, I am now beginning to wonder if they can't be pulled off with a more sophisticated slant.

Denise van Outen was almost there, with her fallen quiff that was more forties than eighties and delicately wilted to one side with a pin curled kink. This panel of hair I call a fringe has neither the length nor thickness for such a look, but with a few pretty clips, a spritz of product and an undone look at the back, in the morning I'll be feeling quiffy - and, everything crossed, looking nothing at all like Sarah Harding.

See handbag.com's beauty round-up of this year's BRIT awards.

No comments: